The Police Service Commission is an Independent Government Agency established under Section 153 of the 1999 Constitution with the power to Appoint, Promote, Post, Dismiss and exercise disciplinary control over members of the Nigeria Police Force. Our Mission is to Improve Service Delivery in the Nigeria Police Force by Promoting Transparency and Accountability in the Police.
This is to inform the general public that the sale of online application forms for admission into the 5th Regular Course of degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, will commence on Monday 27th February, 2017 and end on Friday the 16th June, 2017. Admission into the Academy is open to both male and female Nigerians of good character.
COURSES OF STUDY
Courses leading to Bachelor’s degrees in the following disciplines are available in the Academy:
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
- Nigerian Languages & Linguistics
- History & International Studies
FACULTY OF LAW:
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
- Management Sciences
- Political Science
FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Forensic Science
The following are the admission requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 91cm (36 Inches). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2013 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
SELECTION EXAMINATION DATE, CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, may be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper. The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics. Other sections are to be selected according candidate’s Faculty of choice. It will be conducted on Saturday the 8th July, 2017. Only candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at 12 designated Centres. The list of Centres is in the Academy Website. Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5 x 5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, examination centre and signature.
Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board Interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.
NATURE AND DURATION OF COURSE
Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
Interested Applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: www.polac.edu.ng in order to obtain or generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code. The RRR code obtained can be used to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank Branch in Nigeria. Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Candidates need not select the Police Academy as a university of choice in the JAMB form. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores which is to be determined by JAMB and purchased the Academy online application form; will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
NOTE: SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2013 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.Application for Admission Into The Nigerian Police Academy 2017 Commences by ngcareers