UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of United Bank for Africa, is calling on all senior secondary school students in Nigeria to participate in the 2016 edition of the National Essay Competition. Organized since 2011, the competition provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students.
The students stand the chance of winning educational grants to help with their tuition in any African University of their choice. The National Essay Competition in Nigeria has produced 15 winners, some of which are studying in various universities across Africa.
Applications are invited for:
Title: The Annual UBA Foundation National Essay Competition
Essay Topic: If you were in a position to help the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), what would you do?
Entry Procedures and Rules
- Applicant must submit their complete contact information (Name and Address of school telephone number, residential and email addresses.
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Applicant must be Senior Secondary school students schooling in Nigeria
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intent to study in Africa University
Prizes to be won
- Winner – N1,000,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees.
- 1st runner-up – N750,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees.
- 2nd runner-up – N500,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees.
- All finalist will receive consolation prizes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send in their handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on the above topic to:
UBA House (3rd Floor),
Any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation
- Terms and conditions apply.
- UBA Foundation will not be responsible for any liabilities and losses resulting from participation
- The judges decision if final.