We live in a world where your success is highly dependent on how motivated you are. But as we all know, being motivated 24/7 is a full-time job on its own and you have to motivate yourself most times, (I mean, you cannot depend on Jane Doe for motivation when she is struggling to motivate herself). Searching for motivational quotes and mantras is not a walk in the park as some would like to think especially if you are looking for one that perfectly describes where you are at your job or career right now.
So to help you out, Ngcareers compiled 32 mantras you can scribble on a sticky note that’ll keep you motivated no matter what.
Oh and there’s a huge benefit: All 32 of these mantras are under 140 characters, so (hehehehe) you can spread the wisdom on Twitter, too!
If you have been staring at your computer screen for hours and now your eyes are glazing over? These quotes will give you that oomph to finish your day strong.
1. Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th – Julie Andrews
2. Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going- Sam Levenson
3. You simply have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Put blinders on and plow right ahead- George Lucas
4. Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it- Dwight D. Eisenhower
5. What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Being a Better Leader
Let’s be honest here, leadership is no piece of cake; managing people is hard. So the next time you find yourself dealing with a particularly difficult employee, one of these mantras can remind you what’s important.
6. Whoever is happy will make others happy too- Anne Frank
7. There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it- Edith Wharton
8. The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made- Groucho Marx
9. Good leaders need a positive agenda, not just an agenda of dealing with crisis- Michael Porter
10. Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary- Margaret Cousins
Going Through a Rough Time at Work
Once in a while you are bound to encounter rough and challenging times, whether it’s because of a difficult upcoming deadline or a boss who’s making you miserable. These quotes will help you through.
11. You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else- Albert Einstein
12. Either I will find a way, or I will make one- Phillip Sidney
13. Do not wait to strike til the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking- William Butler Yeats
14. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence- Vince Lombardi
15. Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you- Walt Whitman
Dealing With Unpleasant People
Demanding and annoying clients, evil bosses, rude and overbearing co-workers, oh my, I totally do understand! But you have to keep your cool no matter what people throw your way. Here’s just what you need.
16. When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion- Dale Carnegie
17. Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people- Carl Jung
18. Do not forget small kindnesses and do not remember small faults- Chinese Proverb
19. We are far more liable to catch the vices than the virtues of our associates- Denis Diderot
Looking for Direction
Looking lost and aimless? Do not fret, you are not alone; people have trudged the path you are on, it is a phase and it will surely pass. Luckily, it doesn’t take much to get back on track and re-focus.
20. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door- Milton Berle
21. Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back- Babe Ruth
22. Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls- Joseph Campbell
23. It is never too late to be what you might have been- George Eliot
24. The more you do stuff, the better you get at dealing with how you still fail at it a lot of the time- John Mulaney
Just Want Something Uplifting
Looking for an inspiring quote just because? You don’t need a reason to want to feel uplifted and enlightened.
25. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world- Robin Williams
26. The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money- Thomas Jefferson
27. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present- Jim Rohn
28. The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible- Arthur C. Clarke
29. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves- Thomas A. Edison
30. You are the entrepreneur of your career, even if you are employed by others- Anonymous