This Job Board is a plugin available on the WordPress plugin directory that enables blogs host and serve relevant job updates and openings to their audience and readers. For eg if you run a technology blog you can install the Ngcareers job board plugin and select to display relevant IT, Technology and Engineering jobs to your readers. That is the value of the Ngcareers Job Board. WordPress blogs can start immediately to offer their readers jobs in line with the content they already publish.
This plugin affords any blogger who hosts his blog on WordPress the opportunity to display selected job listings from Ngcareers.com. This job board allows your visitors/readers view details of openings that might interest them.
It is an easy and light weight Plugin that adds a job board to your WordPress website. This plugin is focused on extendibility and ease of use. You can choose to show all job specialisations or select specific specialisations that are in line with your blog content.
Already a few blogs have already started downloading and installing the Ngcareers job board. You can take a look at the job board on a blog here
How to Install and Activate the Ngcareers Job Board
It is easy to install and set up. Follow these 11 steps below to have access to this amazing tool.
1. On your WordPress dashboard go to appearances or search for ‘Ngcareers’ under plugins
2. Install and activate the plugin
3. After successful activation of the Ngcareers plugin you can go to your ‘settings’ and click on ‘Ngcareers’
4. Holding your shift key select all the job specializations/categories you wish to show on your blog (you can select to display only job specializations that are relevant to the content of your blog)
5. Save changes
6. To add the job board to your menu so it starts appearing at the top of your go to ‘appearance’ and select ‘menu’
7. Click on ‘custom link’ and under url enter ‘yoururl.com/jobs’ and under Link Text enter ‘Jobs’ or any other phrase you deem suitable. The job board url will become – yoururl.com/jobs.
8. Then click ‘add to menu’
9. Check to see if you have the newly created ‘jobs’ in the menu list and click ‘save menu’
10. Then load the homepage of your blog to see the ‘job board’ displaying.
11. See example of a blog with the Ngcareers job board – http://nairabrains.com/jobs
You can use a shortcode to display the job board on any page on your wordpress blog.
After installing or updating the plugin, create a page name it anything you want eg (‘Jobs’ or ‘latest jobs’).
Insert the following shortcode in the body field of the wordpress page: [ngcareers]
Publish the page
Check the published page to view the job board
You can add the page to your menu using the instructions in settings above
While using the shortcode option, you can disable the auto url option by going to the Ngcareers plugin settings page under Settings menu in the wordpress admin panel.
Scroll down and select “No” under “Use Auto URL” and save.
ISSUE AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
If the plugin is not showing content in your blog, go to the Ngcareers plugin settings page under Settings menu in the wordpress admin panel.
Click on ‘Get New Keys’
Paste or replace the generated keys in appropriate sections (public and private keys) and save.
If you encounter any problems while installing the job board or you have any enquiries, please contact us via info[at]ngcareers.com and we’ll gladly respond.Ngcareers Launches Job Board for WordPress Blogs by Stellamaris Obomanu