University College Hospital – Applications are invited for admission into the School of Health Information Management for a Two-Year Programme leading to the award of Ordinary National Diploma and Two-Year Programme leading to the award of Higher National Diploma of the Health Record Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HROBN). The course shall commence from September 2014. The school is Non-Residential.
Entry Qualification for OND Programme
Candidates must have obtained the minimum entry requirements of (5) Credits at not more than two sittings in the WASC/SSCE/NECQ in the following subjects:
- English Language
- Biology/Health Science, Physics/Chemistry and any other subject.
Please note that:
- Possession of the National Certificate in Health Records obtained from a reputable institution in addition to the above will be an added advantage. (As required by N.B.T.E.)
- Pregnancy is not allowed during training
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo and pass medical examination.
Entry Qualification For HND Programme
- Minimum entry requirement for the OND Programme
- OND certificate in Health Information Management
- Letter of confirmation of one year Industrial Attachment
- Transcript from former school.
Conditions for Admission
Selection of candidates will be on the basis of academic qualification, a written examination, oral interview and presentation of ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES. The written examination for OND will be in (i) English Language, (ii) Mathematics, (iii) General Paper. The written examination for HND will be in:
- English Language
- Health Records Management
- Medical Terminology
Closing Date: 20th June, 2014
Method of Application
Interested candidates are advised to pay a non-refundable fee of N5,000 to UCH SHIM Account No. 1013746811 of Zenith Bank International, Dugbe. The applicant are expected to collect the receipt of the payment from Deputy Director (Finance & Accounts), University College Hospital, Ibadan. The receipt of payment and the photocopy of bank teller should be forwarded to:
School of Health Information Management
University College Hospital
P.M.B. 5116, Ibadan.
Completed application forms must be returned to the Coordinator, not later than 20th June, 2014. Entrance Examination for OND Candidates will be conducted on Saturday, 19th July, 2014 and HND on Saturday, 26th July, 2014 in the school hall by 8.00am. Successful applicants will be invited for an oral interview at a later date through text messages.University College Hospital Admission into the School of Health Information Management for the 2014/2015 Session by Andy