British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN), in conjunction with British American Tobacco Iseyin Agronomy (BATIA) invites applications from qualified Nigerian undergraduates, for the 2013/2014 Scholarship Scheme.
The Scholarship Scheme is one of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
The Scheme is open to:
- Qualified candidates who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers
- Other qualified candidates from across Nigeria
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards need not apply.
- Dependants of employees of BAT Nigeria, BATIA and the BAT Nigeria Foundation are not eligible for this scholarship.
Important points to note:
- All applicants are required to provide active contact addresses, phone numbers and email addresses which must be traceable and valid for the next 9 months.
- Applicants who miss test invitations due to non-functional phone numbers or email addresses will not be given additional consideration.
- Hardcopy and multiple applications will result in instant disqualification
- Successful applicants will be listed on this website
- Students who are currently on similar Scholarship Schemes need not apply.
- All applicants must be Nigerian citizens aged 18 years or above
- For children of BAT registered tobacco farmers – admission to study or registered first year student studying any course in a Nigerian tertiary institution.
- For other applicants across Nigeria – admission to study or registered first year student studying Agriculture / Agriculture-related course in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting.
Interested applicants should click here to apply.
The closing date for the acceptance of applications is Monday 28th 0ctober 2013. Applications sent after the closing date will not be considered.